• Overclocking
  • Water Cooling
  • CPUs
  • Cooling
  • Fan
  • GPUs
Last response: in Overclocking
September 3, 2013 6:54:42 AM

Start this off with my computer specs below then cooling specs after that. I need someone to look over my cooling specs to see if it will fit in my case without any mod. If something doesnt fit like a rad and fan can someone suggest a different one please :)  I wana to overclock my gpu and cpu that why am watercooling. Please have a look and let me know what yous think. Thanks :) 

CASE - switch 810 gun metal
PROCESSOR - Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell)
MOTHERBOARD - Asus MAXIMUS VI HERO
GRAPHICS - EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI Superclocked ACX
POWER - Corsair HX1050 1050W
SSD - Samsung 512GB 840 Pro Series.

Cooling specs

Cpu- ek supremacy full copper.
Gpu- ek fx titan xxl edition.
Pump/res- xspc d5 bay res pump combo acrylic.
Rads- xspc rx 360mm0 and 240mm.
Rad fans- 5x scyth gentle typhoon 120mm 1850rpm - 3 pin.
Tubing- masterkleer id 3 / 8 od 1 / 2 blue 10mm pvc uv active.
Fittings- bitspower 1/4" thread compression fitting for 3/8 id 1/2 od

More about : cooling list finish

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
September 4, 2013 5:43:45 PM

I see nothing wrong with the items you have gathered, I would only add that a few triple rotary 90's can make this a easy build to link together, if this was me building this loop I would get 10 of them for this build, food for thought.
a c 177 K Overclocking
a c 117 à CPUs
September 4, 2013 11:34:59 PM

Looks good to me.
Killcoil/Biocide? I agree with Toolmaker that you will want a few angle adapters to make the build smoother, though I wouldn't say more than 3-4.
Related resources
September 5, 2013 2:27:15 AM

toolmaker_03 said:
I see nothing wrong with the items you have gathered, I would only add that a few triple rotary 90's can make this a easy build to link together, if this was me building this loop I would get 10 of them for this build, food for thought.

manofchalk said:
Looks good to me.
Killcoil/Biocide? I agree with Toolmaker that you will want a few angle adapters to make the build smoother, though I wouldn't say more than 3-4.

That great thanks alot folks tho whats the best distilled blue colouring to use?and should I get the xspc d5 bay that I have wrote or the EK-D5 Vario X-RES 140 (incl. pump). What do yous think
a c 177 K Overclocking
a c 117 à CPUs
September 5, 2013 2:41:53 AM

Dyes, just dont. They fade over time and will clog up your loop.
If you want colour, do it through tubing and/or lighting effects.

I would go for the EK as it isnt bay mounted. Bay mounted pumps are hard to decouple and you get a lot of vibration induced noise. In terms of pumping power they are both D5's, so should be basically the same.
September 5, 2013 3:35:28 AM

manofchalk said:
Dyes, just dont. They fade over time and will clog up your loop.
If you want colour, do it through tubing and/or lighting effects.

I would go for the EK as it isnt bay mounted. Bay mounted pumps are hard to decouple and you get a lot of vibration induced noise. In terms of pumping power they are both D5's, so should be basically the same.

Ok will do am getting blue tubing anyways and was thinking off putting leds in my case. Ek seem to be an amazing make I was just making sure as I got an email from them to change it to that ek one instead
!