I cannot login from firefox. I changed my password twice

mangalorecafe

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
I was able to login from the "change password" link in my email. For a while but now that does not work. I posted a post in the forum after changing my password(Even though I am sure It was the right password).
I managed to login and make a post from the "change password" link
Again when I had to reply to that post it said invalid password.
I tried logging in through twitter and when it asked me to attach an existing account it gave me the same error password invalid
Right now I just put in another email address in my twitter account and making this post

Solution
I'll pass your issue along to the devs to see if they can look into the problem. This has been reported by a few of our users at this point. Hopefully the fix will be an easy one. Sorry for the temporary inconvenience.
-JP

mangalorecafe

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

You have gotta be kidding me!! Yes ofcourse I checked the caps lock and i even changed my password 3 times from the change password link. Which works perfectly.
I think I should have mentioned I did check the password and caps lock. I thought that would be assumed since I changed my password(Since it asks for the old password there and it works, I was typing in the same thing)
After changing the password and I try to login on another tab where I am trying to post a reply it says invalid.
Then I change it again this time i enter the new password in the "current password" field and then I change my password. It works fine.
Come back try to login does not work.
So I just click on the notification where there is a link to the post I had to reply and reply. Then I was browsing the website logged in for a while I decided to logout and log back in.
Failed.
Then I go to my email and try clicking on the change password link which does not work this time

I cleared my cache and all toms websites cookies in the cookie manager.
Still could not login
I gave forgot password twice before so I did not bother doing it a third time.
I decided to post here as I am sure it has to be a bug or something

mangalorecafe

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

Yes I tried Opera which I never use only to test webpages.
It just won't login into my other account. I have used 3 passwords tried them all.
I can log into this account(associated with twitter) fine.
I was trying to associate that account with twitter. That is I first clicked on log in with twitter and then when it asked if you have an existing account I used my email and login.
It said invalid password.
So I clicked on forgot password and I rested it yada yada.
And then when I try to login again the same problem

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
I'll pass your issue along to the devs to see if they can look into the problem. This has been reported by a few of our users at this point. Hopefully the fix will be an easy one. Sorry for the temporary inconvenience.
-JP

Solution

BlackDeath3

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
I can confirm this issue as well. Mozilla Firefox (I assume 32-bit) 23.0.1 from two separate machines on different networks. I am using add-ons such as ABP, Ghostery, NoScript, etc., but it seems that even with these paused/disabled that the issue persists.