Shaky Screen Display

iamhclem

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Screen/Display is shaky. Have changed out monitors and both cords. Is it a bad graphics card? 70% of the screen is shaky while 30% is okay. Cannot read text. When I connect from another device through Citrix, I can see the desktop display fine but only from the device I am using to connect to desktop. This happened one day and has not stopped. As mentioned I've changed out monitors, and cords. I have tried using Windows XP trouble shoot for the graphics card to no avail. Need help please!!! thank you!

iamhclem

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

Flat panel, Analog VGA, thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide. I am able to email a picture (screen shot does not show any difference).

Thanks. - heather

Analog VGA confirms my first guess. What you are seeing is a noisy signal. There are many causes, such as a faulty ground allowing 60Hz from the power lines to intrude into the video signal lines, or poor/failed filtering on the video card allowing all the EMF floating around inside the PC case to ride on the video lines. If your monitor and video card have digital connectors then switch to digital. Otherwise you're going to have to locate the source of the noise and eliminate it.

iamhclem

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Thank you kindly for your response. I did not see your reply until after I used a USB monitor adapter with another monitor and bypassed the video card. I'm very much a novice with hardware however I think it may be the latter of the two possibilities you mentioned. This computer and monitor have been in use for two years in the same location and it just started one day, without changing the transfer settings or adding/removing anything around in the area. Since I am not an expert, I will have a friend follow your recommendations. Thank you very much again for taking the time to respond and help a girl in need! xx - heather