Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Nestle is Going to Sell Android-branded KitKats

Last response: in News comments
September 3, 2013 5:26:49 PM

from the CEO that says water is not a human right and should be privatized. No thanks.
Score
September 3, 2013 5:45:16 PM

I sense perhaps a coupon/discount scheme on the works.
Score
Related resources
September 3, 2013 6:27:20 PM

key lime pie is so much better than a kit kat... still as long at it doesn't in any way effect launch of 5.0 then they can call it crisco for all i care
Score
September 3, 2013 6:31:19 PM

Stupid
Score
September 3, 2013 7:00:50 PM

Slow day at the offi ce!
Score
September 3, 2013 7:41:55 PM

Key lime pie is one of the best desserts... second only to Lava Cake (that should be the next name for sure)
Score
September 3, 2013 8:21:43 PM

I think its a very good deal for both.

This feels like "fair play" in sports. Companies should start using it more often, money be damned, sometimes!

Cheers!
Score
September 3, 2013 8:30:21 PM

Seeing as Android is owned by Google and Google is an American company, and in America, KitKats are produced by Hershey, shouldn't they be produced by Hershey?

(Since Hershey makes FAR better chocolate, anyway!)
Score
September 3, 2013 9:01:43 PM

Caffeinecarl, KitKat bar is made by Nestle, as the article suggests. Hershey has no association with KitKat, and never has.
Score
September 3, 2013 10:02:12 PM

Seems my hunch about a Kit Kat product tie-in was correct. The use of a trademarked name made it suspicious (looked what happened with M$ and the "Metro" name they had to drop).
Score
September 4, 2013 2:39:56 AM

Sounds more like a marketing deal since they never made this a problem with Froyo. Well, that and the fact it doesn't matter if no ones heard of the food product you named an OS after.
Score
September 4, 2013 2:54:58 AM

c'mon Key Lime Pie doesn't fit in the pocket while kitkat does ... makes sense.
Score
September 4, 2013 4:28:03 AM

It's just a codename, who cares. The actual release is still 5.0
Score
September 4, 2013 4:56:53 AM

Caffeinecarl, just because Hershey makes KitKat in the USA does not mean that is the only place in the world where KitKats, or indeed Android, is sold - there is a whole other 95% of the human race in other places
Score
September 4, 2013 5:39:04 AM

Caffeinecarl said:
Seeing as Android is owned by Google and Google is an American company, and in America, KitKats are produced by Hershey, shouldn't they be produced by Hershey?

(Since Hershey makes FAR better chocolate, anyway!)

Let's make this about chocolate... so you say your mass producer is making far better chocolate... but far better than what ? some other crap supermarket brands? I'm afraid you live fed by marketing lies. There isn't a single corporate large volume producer that's making high quality chocolate period
Score
September 4, 2013 5:55:35 AM

$0 Upfront KitKat when you purchase the it on the $69 unlimited KitKat plan.

KitKat all you want.

Gym membership fees not included.
Score
September 4, 2013 7:44:03 AM

I love nonsensical brand crossovers. I bet in 20 years one of those candy bars will be worth serious coin.
Score
September 4, 2013 8:25:44 AM

How nice to see a product/promoter tie in.

Maybe Preparation H can do a tie-in with Metro next.
Score
September 4, 2013 10:50:04 AM

Gummy Bear ( o ( 工 ) o )
Score
September 4, 2013 11:06:59 AM

amdfangirl said:
$0 Upfront KitKat when you purchase the it on the $69 unlimited KitKat plan.

KitKat all you want.

Gym membership fees not included.

Commercial fitness centers could help subsidize it. Sounds like a business opportunity!
Score
September 7, 2013 9:15:13 PM

back_by_demand said:
Caffeinecarl, just because Hershey makes KitKat in the USA does not mean that is the only place in the world where KitKats, or indeed Android, is sold - there is a whole other 95% of the human race in other places

That is the point: Hershey does NOT make KitKat, people!

Look:
http://www.hersheys.com/pure-products.aspx
http://www.nestle.com/brands

Find KitKat on the Hershey website. You won't. Nestle also manufactures many products and sells in the USA, including... you guessed it! KitKat bars.

People must assume that Hershey makes ALL candy bars. Mars and Nestle would avidly disagree.
Score
September 10, 2013 3:57:42 AM

someperson123 said:
back_by_demand said:

That is the point: Hershey does NOT make KitKat, people!

Look:
http://www.hersheys.com/pure-products.aspx
http://www.nestle.com/brands

Find KitKat on the Hershey website. You won't. Nestle also manufactures many products and sells in the USA, including... you guessed it! KitKat bars.

People must assume that Hershey makes ALL candy bars. Mars and Nestle would avidly disagree.

ehh... I'm sure what he ment that Hershey's factories make kitkat for usa... not that they sell KitKat under Hershey's logo.
Score
!