I'm going to sign up for Internet at my new home in the country. My only choices are 10 or 15 Mbps. We only really watch Netfl

AGx-07_162

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Pulled straight from Netflix Support Page:

Internet Connection Speed Recommendations
Below are the internet speed requirements and recommendations for playing movies and TV shows on the Netflix website:

*Note: Internet speeds listed represent Download speeds.

0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for DVD quality
5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
7.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for Super HD quality
12 Megabits per second - Recommended for 3D quality

HD Video Quality
Movies and TV shows we have available in high definition will play in 720p or better with a fast enough internet connection. If you would like to view high definition titles whenever they are available, be sure to change your video quality setting to Best on the Video Quality page.

Netflix Bandwidth Usage
Higher quality video uses more bandwidth than lower-quality video. If your service provider applies a bandwidth or data cap to your Internet service, you can Manage Bandwidth Usage by changing the video quality settings to Good or Better to consume less data.

All that being said, 10Mbps is adequate. If you feel like you'll be watching a lot of 3D Quality Video on Netflix (do they even have any?), go with the 12Mbps. Otherwise, save yourself the money, no matter what the sales guy tries to tell you.

Newegg_Official

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
I'm not sure of the amount of 3D movies on Netflix either. But with the first 2 answers and the netflix info provided by AGx-07_162, 10 Mbps should be enough, but if the price difference for 15Mbps isn't too steep, I'd go with that!

RealBeast

Titan
I have to agree, particularly since I went with 60Mbps just to avoid that agonizing 60 second wait for downloads.
And would you guys quit selling me stuff! I have a walk in closet with more Newegg shipping boxes than your warehouse in Memphis.

Newegg_Official

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

I'd hate to do that to you! Maybe we're in the works of moving our warehouse to your walk in closet :lol:

Also, 60Mbps?! :eek2: Wow! That seems way faster than here! After a quick speedtest, results are approximately 50Mbps down / 8.5Mbps up hahah you win! :ouimaitre: