Radeon HD 6670 work with 300w psu?

igotpwned11

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
I have a 300w psu and I have been wondering if a Radeon HD 6670 will work on my computer. My processor has a tdp of 65w and the Radeon HD 6670 has a tdp of about 66w. Do you think it will work with my computer? My processor is a dual core by Intel and I have a Dell PSU.

kookie3010

Honorable
it will work.but to be on the safe side get a much more stronger PSU.at least a 500w unit,since it depends on what time of cpu u have,how many hdd/ssd that u connect etc.so the best is always get a stronger psu if u are planning to get a gaming graphic card.unless its a low profile card.

I disagree; I do not believe OP would need a new power supply. Sure a new one would be nice, but usually someone buying a 6670 doesnt have the budget to get a new power supply.

One of the perks of the 6670 is the fact that it can run on low power systems. Dell also puts out very respectable and reliable power supplies.

What I would ultimately recommend is dusting out the power supply. I am using a Dell 350W to power one of my computers. I am running a 95W processor with an 8600GT. Works great. You can also google "power supply calculator" to see how much power you need.