Sky Broadcasts UK's First 4K Live Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamadev

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Now all they need to do is get to broadcasting 1080p on their HD channels or stop charging £10 per month for a single 3D channel where you need to have the £50+ package before you can even get it.

Personally I'll wait for 8K TV. I think that just like the whole 720 and 1080 options for HDTV. Ultimately between 4K and 8K that 8K will be the preferred option for UHDTV.

Just think how quickly you will burn through your broadband caps with those two.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
Unless people start sitting two feet from their TVs or start buying 240" TVs, 4K is a completely useless marketing scam. 4K might be noticeable for some people in some desktop monitor applications, but it is just ridiculous in TV applications.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Awesome! I guess the three people in the UK with 4K televisions are totally stoked for this.

Not sure why people are downvoting you. You are exactly right. 4K is a COMPLETE waste of time in most normal settings. Stick with 1080P and save the money unless you're sat a couple of feet away or your telly is the size of a bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS