2way sli , no side fan , problem? ( noob )

MQGreyF

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Hello

I need a little help here with airflow , I got this coolermaster haf xm 922 case and I bought it with side panel window instead of the one with fan , now I wonder if I'd have any trouble if Im about to use 2way sli. The airflow path I plan to try is gonna be ( for intake ) 1x 200mm fan , ( for exhaust ) 1x 200mm fan top of the case and 140mm fan for rear. Also Im gonna use noctuna nh-d14. Do you guys think this airflow path would be good ? wouldnt something inside overheat? Also I wonder which way should I turn the noctuna fans , should it be vertical from top to bottom or horizontal from left to right? Does anyone similar setup?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You should be fine. I've had SLI/CF for quite a few of my last systems and haven't had much temp issues. You'll want the top fan exhausting as well as the rear fan. The front fan as intake. I would remove the upper 3 drive bays if not needed so that the front fan has a more direct flow to the cards. Is there a place to mount a fan on the floor if you remove that cable shroud at the bottom of the case?

MQGreyF

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

Thank you! No , theres not. Only one but its used for PSU , the only place I can add some fans is top of the case , so there would be 2x 200mm fans and I also saw the option to put 2 perhaps 120mm fans inside the case and mount them on cage of the HDD/SSD trays , so it would bring some air right on the GPUs , but I dont rly know if this is any good idea , since the front 200mm fan is about 20cm away and brings air in the same direction.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you do feel you need more card cooling, by all means use the cage mount for the 120mm fan(s). On my Corsair C70, I moved the 2 front 120mm fans to the cage and the temps are great. And the fan noise has decreased.

But I honestly feel you are over-worrying the situation. The fan setup you have now will be fine. Those 200mm fans move a lot of air. And they move it quieter than their small diameter brethren. What 2 cards will you be using?

MQGreyF

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Thank you sir ! a lot of times , Im gonna be using 2x MSI GTX 760
anyways I wanted to pick you for best solution but I dont see the button... on the other thread guy told me that its coz I created "discussion" so.... any clue how to change it? Because I appriciate when someone spare a little time and their winsdom to help a stranger.