BSOD and now computer won't start

SouthFloridaBadger

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Here is my background:

I recently built my first computer, installed windows 7 and everything was off to a great start. Approximately two days later I was playing a game when the video got choppy then shortly thereafter I got a BSOD. Unfortunately I didn't really know what was happening so I didn't write down any of the error codes.

After that I tried turning it back on and started, but BSOD again. Again, didn't think to write down the codes. Tried a third time and same result. Then, I tried turning it on and nothing displayed; the monitor didn't pick up anything.

This was my build at the time:

AMD FX-6100 3300Mhz 14MB 95W
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB (PX38G1600C11)
Cooler Master RS450-ACAAD3-US GX Series ATX Power Supply
EVGA Geforce 9800 GTX+ from like 4 years ago (my friend had it laying around and gave it to me, it is a 528MB card)

When this all went haywire I assumed it was the graphics card so I ordered a new one. That card is:

EVGA GeForce GTX 650

The new card didn't change the result. When I try to turn it on I don't even get the motherboard screen.

Any thoughts/ideas/tips/help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Still won,t post? most likely RAM is shot, or the mobo memory controller (rare).these would be a great replacement if your stick fails, you have dual channel, they go in the white slots on your mobo.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SouthFloridaBadger

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

I did as you instructed and unfortunately there is no change.

SouthFloridaBadger

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

Just one stick right now. Will I be able to run memtest if I can't even get to the motherboard screen?

SouthFloridaBadger

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

I'm hoping nothing is FUBAR right now but I don't like my chances. I'm ordering a POST test main board diagnostic analyzer card which will hopefully give more clarity on the underlying issue. It arrives Saturday so until then I'll just be patient.

•The first parameter of the Stop error is "0x0000008". (This error is a double-fault exception.)

Suggested remedy is flash bios update, what is the revision # printed on your board?
( after the model#)

SouthFloridaBadger

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

Revision # is 1.0

SouthFloridaBadger

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Here's my update. I got a mini mobo speaker and a POST analyzer card. When I have everything plugged in as normal, the post card displays 50 and 84. The speaker remains silent (I did pull out the ram to make sure it worked).

I read somewhere that Gigabyte uses AMI for POST codes in which case the two codes mean this:
50: The memory below 1 MB has been tested and initialized. Adjusting the displayed memory size for relocation and shadowing next.

84: Locked key checking is over. Checking for a memory size mismatch with CMOS RAM data next.

Any ideas on what this means?

Still won,t post? most likely RAM is shot, or the mobo memory controller (rare).these would be a great replacement if your stick fails, you have dual channel, they go in the white slots on your mobo.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Solution

SouthFloridaBadger

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Alright so the RAM came and I put it in. I got POST. Now windows isn't starting normally so I'm going to reinstall windows then install the drivers and whatnot.