Help. Reformatted Windows 7 - Lost Internet!

Chadbytes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
So after a smooth install of a fresh Windows 7 OS I came to find our my Internet was not working when I was about to venture into updating my drivers.

My problem: "Ethernet Controller" has no connectivity and has a yellow exclamation mark on it.

I have 2 Ethernet plugs on the back of my tower. None work.

What have I tried? I have tried looking for the oem drivers on dell website, and the current Ethernet card is a ASUS NX1101 I believe.

I have:

Dell Studio XPS 9100
i7 quad core
12 GB ram
120 GB ssd (windows)
1 TB HHD

.... Blah blah.

I have tried seeking the drivers for the asus Ethernet card but I cannot find any that work! Everytime I go into device manager, Ethernet controller... Update drivers manually any drivers I point it to are instantly denied with a "windows could not find any drivers suitable for this device in that directory" or something along those lines...

HELP HELP HELP! Please... Lol I use this computer for work and have no Internet at all.

Thank you!!!

Chadbytes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
OMFG.. Now I was reading on other forums to disable onboard lan in bios and then my computer went to start and went no where.. black screen.. Solid power light.. Won't boot up now.. I tried to unplug.. Hold buttom down..

Chadbytes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
Computer turns on but nothing comes up on the screen.. Wants to start, fans boot up, nothing happens... It's not PSU, it was running perfectly fine before bios change.

Chadbytes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
Computer turns on but nothing comes up on the screen.. Wants to start, fans boot up, nothing happens... It's not PSU, it was running perfectly fine before bios change.

Chadbytes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013

I have tried installing those drivers. It sometimes it looks like it find the hardware but does nothing. Sometimes it says it cannot find that hardware.

I opened case and cannot find CMOS battery on the motherboard. Wtf is going on here... A few minutes ago I tried it again and it literally turned on and then off and then on again.

Chadbytes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
Solution was pull the CMOS, and hunt down asus mx1101 drivers for win 7 64bit- manually point device to driver folder and done. :) happy face