[HELP] cpu upgrade fail - PLEASE HELP!

renrats

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
POSTING FROM PHONE: So I just attempted to upgrade my processor and now my machine won't boot. It's an HP envy dv7-7233nr with a stock AMD A8-4500m I'm upgrading to an AMD A10-5750. I was 100% sure the new CPU was compatible with my laptop, so I'm surprised to see it not working now. I get power lights that's it... Zero display. Is there anything I can do to make this new processor work? Or m I S.O.L. on this whole piece of trash computer?!
I will never buy an HP anything after my experience with this laptop...
ASUS > HP ALL DAY!!

UPDATE: I dropped the og CPU back in and it does the same thing... Uh oh!

renrats

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Just dropped the original cpu back in and the same thing is happening... I just need to get it running againat this point

Bill Reinhardt

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2013

Well damn, that sucks... did you touch anything else? No BIOS or anything??

Poorly seated RAM can cause boot issues, maybe give that a re-seat?

renrats

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
No, I updated bios beforehand but I had been running that same updated bios for a month prior to this. I only get a couple lights on the keyboard, the display doesn't even kick on. Its all hardware at this point.

renrats

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Reseated the ram and tried again, this time I also noticed the drive was spinning and so was the heatsink fan, it also kicked on the cd drive. Obviously boot order is being processed. I hit enter at what would be the windows7 login screen and it started to put out some heat (win start up?). Is starting to look like the display but idk why, It's just one cable and It's properly set right now. Btw I'm using the service manual so I'm pretty confident everything is plugged in properly.

TRENDING THREADS