Mouse freezes, unfreezes, rinse repeat, then computer locks up

shane1717

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
So I have a problem that started awhile ago and I've been dealing with it, but it seems to be getting worse. My mouse will freeze, then unfreeze about 15 seconds later. This happens in intervals of about 2 minutes then the whole computer freezes. Sometimes, the mouse will freeze for a second and turn a yellowish color, almost like the graphics card failed or something but just for the mouse. The same cycle of mouse freezing happens until computer freezes. I've bought a new mouse (had wireless, went to wired) and it still happens.

I have no idea how to fix this (Yes gfx drivers and mouse drivers are updated). Prior to this, I had something happen where my computer froze and I heard a loud buzzing sound, then it unfroze and said a graphics driver failed then was recovered. Hasn't happened since that I can remember. I'm not sure if they could be related.

This is information that might help (Will give more on request)
Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 Intel Z68 LGA1155
Intel Core i3-2120 3.3Ghz LGA1155 CPU
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB DDR5 PCIe
Razer Deathadder Mouse

I've tried searching this already and someone said about deleting multiple human interface devices in device manager, which didn't seem to work unless I misunderstood their advice.
Thanks for your time! Any suggestions would be great.

shane1717

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
No I haven't. Also, when my screen is automatically turned off over time, the mouse sometimes won't work to wake it up.
I downloaded ntune a few days ago, opened it, and just looked at it. I then tried opening it again, and I get a blue screen with an error nvoclock46.sys (something like that). But I didn't OC and didn't change anything in ntune, I just used to to check fan speed on gfx card.