HP Pavilion g6 2310sd - Video card not detected and Windows 8 problems

JordySteyaert

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
My laptop seems to be ignoring my Radeon HD graphics card and only uses my integrated Intel HD 4000, switching using the CCC seems to make no difference (FPS rate is very low using both cards, even on older games and those that have low requirements). Installing other drivers and fixes crash my Windows beyond repair, and then it automaticly uses a system restore point. Windows started acting weird after installing some drivers and causes to crash all kinds of applications and games (opening e-mails, calendar,.. screen starts to flicker when using my mouse, when I take a printscreen and save it, the black lines aren't visible, only to me :heink:). Most of them crash on startup or won't even start at all. For example: can't open my UAC settings, nothing happens when trying to open it.

Systemrequirementslab, a website to test the needed requirements for a game, can't figure out what card I am using and displays none of both.
Screenshot included. (You Have : nothing:??:)

Note: my Windows was preinstalled and bought the laptop 2 days ago.

Specs:
HP Pavilion G6 2310SD
Intel Core i7 3632QM (2.2Ghz)
Radeon HD7670M (2gb) and Intel HD 4000 (switchable cards)
8GB RAM
Windows 8 64-Bit

2w3qjad.jpg

cars12345

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Under Devices/Hardware in Control Panel, go to Device Manager. Under Display adapters, find your "Mobile Intel...", right click and disable. Right click on your AMD Radeon, and make sure it is enabled.

JordySteyaert

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

I just tried it. When I disable my Intel Adapter, my screen turns black and forces me to reboot. Afterwards, the Intel Adapter is disabled and my AMD gives an error saying it was shut down, it think it depends on the Intel Adapter and can only run if that one is enabled :no: