Help with building a new budget gaming PC. (Within $600-$800)

GamingNewb

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Hey, I've started getting into PC gaming and I would like to get a new budget gaming pc preferably under $800. I would like it to be able to at least run most games at medium-high. Now I've been asking all my friends for help, I want to make sure if this is a good gaming rig for the price.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1AkEF

Also does the motherboard already come with a wireless network adapter? If not, what kind of wireless network adapter is good?
http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/wireless-network-card/

Thanks a lot, also discussion is aloud, I have general knowledge of what I'm buying but I would like a better insight.

for a low budget pc... i'd suggest reposting it in the system category on the forum. you will get more advice.

not as many check the opinions section... and i'm not so good recommending hardware on that low of a budget.

So the standard warning of do not play games on any wireless because you get inconsistent performance.

There will not be any great difference between the various brands cards. Pretty much all that have the same feature levels use the same exact chipset no matter whose name is on the outside.

Key is you want to match your router. Does not do a lot of good to buy a fancy card when your router can not also use the same feature.

Just be careful to not read a lot into the specifications. Games only care about the quality of the signal, they used a fixed amount of bandwidth and do not run faster just because you put in a faster card. On wireless the quality of the signal is affected by many things outside the PC and even outside your house. This lack of ability to control the quality of the signal is why wireless is not recommended for games.

GamingNewb

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

Ok sounds good I'll try that.

Well my PC will be located upstairs, while the router is downstairs. It will be my PC not a family PC and is there anyway to get a wired connection from my room?