GTA 4 on Old Laptop

datucksta

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
Ok, so my laptop is a modified HP G62 that was found in Wal-Mart about 5 years ago. Since then, I've bumped it from 3gb of RAM to 8gb. The hard drive is now at 750gb and the processor is an AMD V120 Processor claiming 2.20 ghz. This is all running on windows 7 Home Premium as a 64 bit operating system.

My question is this: Can I expect to be able to run Grand Theft Auto 4 with mods smoothly on this laptop? If not, what will it take to get it to run smooth without being jumpy and glitchy...oh yeah and over-heating? Can I run it at all?

Thanks for any feedback!

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
GTA 4 is a poorly coded port that doesn't run all that great on higher end machines with dedicated video cards, especially with adding mods in. You are looking to run it on an older single core cpu that was very low end even when new with no dedicated gpu, so I don't think it would be playable even at low resolutions and low settings. There is really nothing you can do to upgrade your laptop to make it playable as you can't upgrade the gpu on a laptop like you could if it was a desktop.

datucksta

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

Okay, thank you for the quick response!