New build after PC died

ryder85

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Hello all,

I find myself in the position of having to replace a number of parts on my PC due to it kicking the bucket, in all likelihood the motherboard.

Anyway, I have decided that whatever the issue it's about time I upgraded anyway.

I will not be replacing hard drives/optical drives and the GPU, a GTX560, will stay as is as it was bought to replace one that died and it serves me just fine for now.

Therefore after some research, I have selected these items:

CPU: I5 4670k
MB: Asrock z87 Extreme 4
RAM: Either gskill ripjaw 1600 8gb kit or Corsair Vengeance 1600 8gb
PSU: Corsair HX650
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212x

I am currently living in Singapore so bear that in mind if you make any suggestions. I am hesitant when it comes to the memory as I can get the Corsair for a little less than the Gskill but I'm not averse to buying the gskill if it is worth the difference.

Thanks for the help.

Edit:, I've just realised that there's no way I'm going to fit the CPU cooler in my CM Elite 335 case, so I'm thinking I've got to get a new one. Any suggestions are welcome. I'm quite keen on the Corsair 300r.

diazalon

Honorable
May 12, 2013

Cool singapore. i live there. IF you order from amazon you are gonna have no warranty and pay GST so there is a shop in sim lim called bestbuycomputers that im getting mine from. It's a bit more money but warranty and help for 3 years
http://bestbuycomputers.com.sg/
take a look at the price list
hope i helped
Diazalon

Jessie_atn

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

Are the prices in singapore cheaper for best buy? Because here in usa they rip you off so hard...

diazalon

Honorable
May 12, 2013

Its ok i mean if you lived in the USA and got it from amazon then it would be cheaper but if we do then we have to pay tax and no warranty so its a bit more but you get 3 year warranty.

Jessie_atn

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

I also must warn you that 1) if you're HDD's are kinda old, you're gonna get bottle necks, i'm not quite sure with your GPU but i'm assuming it will preform nicely.

ryder85

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Thanks for the answer but it's a little late as I ended up buying the parts yesterday. I decided to buy from Tradepack as SimLim seeing as I had heard good things baout the place. Got a good price on the parts and the PC is working fine so I'm happy.