Sony Xperia Z1 Android Phone Officially Launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

cRACKmONKEY421

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Looks good. I like how we're starting to see more of a focus on the camera quality. I feel the same way about phone cameras as I felt about mp3 playing phones before the iphone came out. Lots of them can do it, but none of them do it well. I hope more follow Nokia and now Sony with these improvements. Average picture quality has gone way down. Larger pixel count means nothing to image quality when the optics can't keep up, yet they love to boast those numbers. Just gives you more pixels of a bad picture. I can pull out a 1 megapixel camera from 12 years ago and take better pictures than the latest iphone. They should have been working shrinking down those good lenses and flashes for a long time now.

G

Guessing that they forgot the Lumia 1020 in terms of cameras? Although this probably is 2nd best in the world

"quad-core Snapdragon 800 SoC clocked at 2.2 GHz"
Whoa... Not bad!
That's gotta be the highest clock frequency and number of cores I've heard of on a phone. Might be decent for gaming...

Too bad it's not like a playstation phone or something, that'd be pretty kick*$$

nino_z

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
It was a good phone to begin with, now they made a change on it, giving them something which is much better than the rest of the competition - this is how you make a proper flagship and this is what will force the rest to also step up their game. In other words - we as consumers always win!

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Now there's a though. Nintendo built the Wii U around having an extra device working with games as you play, MS has obviously taken steps to make devices interact with their console through Smartglass and whatnot, though I wouldn't say they've been hugely successful with it. Maybe Sony should be trying to do something in the same direction. Even though I'm not overly blown away with these types of supporting-device formats yet, they do have potential for both gaming and using consoles for purposes beyond gaming, and Sony has a solid all around console service.

juuh

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
I passed galaxy S4 for this phone, been waiting for it a quite a while now. Aaaaand it has integrated battery... I wish to use my phone for more than a year. Hello note 3...

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
got the regular xperia z like two weeks ago, had i bloody known this was coming out i would of waited >< even if only for the battery, son of a bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.