Kratoslol

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Hey,

I decided to build myself a new system last week and this is what I've built:

i5 3570 3.4Ghz Stock Cooler
Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB (2x4GB)
Asus P8H77-V
Palit GTX 770 (3fan Non JetStream version)
Kingston V300 120GB SSD
Hitachi HDS721050CLA362 500GB HDD
Corsair CX600M
Win 7 64Bit

First 1/2 days everything has been working just fine, however after a while I started experiencing Nvidia Driver crashes and resets out of nowhere. I researched a bit and found out that apparently the 320 drivers are causing issues so I downloaded and installed 326 beta but this didn't really fix anything. I had 1 bluescreen while playing Crysis 3 related to hal.dll (checked memory dump) and 1 freeze while playing PayDay2 (had to reset my pc manualy using case reset button). I also experienced couple of wierd 0.5/1s every 3s chokes on my entire system when I alt tab out of Rome 2 (tho it happens very rarely) which makes my PC completely unresponsive for that time (mouse doesnt move/voice comm. doesnt work).

With each day it starts to be more and more frequent. I started doing some Final Fantasy XIV benchmarks out of curiosity to compare my results with previous system and there it started... Out of 8 tests I've done, 5 haven't been succesful at all. 4 of them crashed my drivers (1 of em with a little graphical artifact before doing so) and 5th one crashed my PC entirely which restarted itself shortly after without bluescreen. Just now I had a complete freeze on desktop and when I tried to reset my PC using Reset button it didn't respond at all so I used PWR button which... took about 10s to actually power my system down.

Considering all crashes but 1 occured while my GPU is at or almost at full load, I figured out it might be faulty GPU however I would like to double check it with you guys before I send it off for RMA. It might be worth mentioning that playing older games or games not GPU intensive doesn't seem to crash at all.

GPU temps are anywhere between 65-75 celsius at full load. CPU round 55 while gaming, 60 at full 100% load.

So, am I right asuming my 770 is fauly or there are other posibilities? Any input on that would be appreciated

Thanks!

sourodip

Distinguished
Have u checked ur gpu in another system?Tried using 'WHQL' older driver's?tried using driver sweeper,uninstalling the old drivers and doing a fresh driver installation?try these and keep updating.

Kratoslol

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Thanks for answering,

I decided to take a look inside my case just to double check my wiring and power connectors to the GPU itself. I replaced my 6 and 8 pin connectors and it seems like this have fixed the issue for now. To make sure I've done 4 benchmarks in a row without a single crash nor any performance issues. If I experience any more crashes I will try to driver sweep to older drivers (from what I heard GTX 770 doesn't work with 314 and below?)

Also another thing is, while doing my benchmarks today, since I had a open case while doin em I noticed my card makes a Buzzing noise on full load. For a moment I thought its just fans working at higher rpm's coz of temp BUT I went and manualy set em to 100% to check that theory and there was 0 buzzing noise while the card was idling. From what I know that might be just coil whine but the noise is not as high pitched as I would expect with this kind of issue. Is that coil whine or it could be something else?