SLI & Phys X combinations & Benefits

Pieter Rossouw

Honorable
May 23, 2013
Hi.

I have just bought a cheap second hand Gigabyte 660ti 3Gb OC edition, and plan to combine this with my current Gigabyte 660ti 3Gb OC edition in a SLI configuration. I then have an older Asus Geforce 560 ti which I would like to run for dedicated PhysX processing.

I have a Intel DX79SR Mobo, with an Intel i7 3970x Porcessor.
I have 32 Gb of Corsair Dominator Platinum Memory and a Samsung SSD 850 250 Gb Drive for booting.

I have the 560 ti and are not planning of selling, will there be any benefit around the PhysX processing, when having the 660 Ti in an SLI configuration, or will I just be wasting power consumption?

What performance boost can I expect from a 660 Ti SLI configuration? I'm specifically looking to play Crysis 3 on a UHDMI screen, and the Upcoming Battlefield 4 on full res, highest settings.

Pieter Rossouw

Honorable
May 23, 2013

Thank you!
So in terms of PhysX, its only beneficial for PhysX capable games, I see that Witcher 3 will be PhysX enabled, and I might be playing that when it comes out. Will it be beneficial then? And how much so?

Will the 2 x 660 Ti's be enough to handle Crysis 3 then with Very High settings on 2560 x 1600 resolution?

I'm starting to think I just need to buy another 660 ti second hand somewhere.