Why can't we delete our own posts or threads?

We used to have post, and even thread delete capabilities, of posts or threads we started, why do we not have that capability anymore?

And also lately this software is acting so freaking buggy, what is wrong?

Things work, then don't work, we're not supposed to have to deal with adds and they're popping in and out like an electrical short circuit or something!

As a retired moderator surviving 3 software changes before this one, IMO this is the absolutely worst software of all! :pfff:

Solution
I don't quite remember users having delete capabilities...that may pre-date the last software update (the one before this one). There are still a few minor issues being worked out, mostly optimizations and small issues that crop up.

You mentioned ads showing up - they shouldn't. There are no active ads on Tom's Hardware Forums. Made quite sure of this. The only thing that may show up is the Community Spotlight up at the top in yellow, and I personally use that to tell users about things set to happen (AMAs, badge guides, tutorial stuff, etc). If you are seeing actual ads, could you attach a screenshot? I'll forward it along to the devs and find out if something is going wrong somewhere.

-JP

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
I don't quite remember users having delete capabilities...that may pre-date the last software update (the one before this one). There are still a few minor issues being worked out, mostly optimizations and small issues that crop up.

You mentioned ads showing up - they shouldn't. There are no active ads on Tom's Hardware Forums. Made quite sure of this. The only thing that may show up is the Community Spotlight up at the top in yellow, and I personally use that to tell users about things set to happen (AMAs, badge guides, tutorial stuff, etc). If you are seeing actual ads, could you attach a screenshot? I'll forward it along to the devs and find out if something is going wrong somewhere.

-JP

Solution

Regarding the adds It must have been some kind of software fluke Joe?

It hasn't happened again since the next day after I posted this thread, IDK???

Regarding the ability to delete our own posts we did have that with the last software under the full edit options, there was a box to check to allow the post to be completely deleted.

When an individual deleted their own post it was gone completely, when a moderator used that option it was invisible to the forum users, but still there for administration and other moderators to see.

That feature is gone with this new software.

Regarding the thread deletion it was an option under the full edit feature in the very first post of the thread, which we don't have anymore.

Will either function be reimplemented?, or are they gone for good?

Ry