Are all of my hardware components compatible with eachother? thanks!

NathanRx

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Hey guys, so basically I'm building my self a new computer, I was originally going for the AMD APU route but found buying my parts seperately and building it my self is so much cheaper so I just need someone to check over everything and make sure all of my components are compatible (plus, could I get an opinion on this set up? I would like to run, dead island, Battlefield, Skyrim, Killing floor, walking dead and game of thrones on medium, pulling 35+fps if possible)
Case - CiT Jupiter Gaming Case with Blue Fan
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H USB 3.0 Intel Z77 Socket 1155 Ivybridge Ready Motherboard with USB3
CPU - Intel Core i5 3570K Quad Core IvyBridge 1155
HDD -320GB SATA 3.5" SATA DESKTOP INTERNAL HARD DISK DRIVE
CD/DVD Drive - External USB 2.0 Slim DVD/CD RW
GPU - ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB PCI-E HDMI (this is temporary, will later be upgrading to a GTX 650 Ti, so would also like to know if the GTX is compatible)

I really thank you for taking the time to read this and tell me, seriously being a great help, thanks!

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Everything is compatible but you have no ram selected, id also like to say which I'm sure your aware of the ivybridge socket is now dead (so will gradually drop in price) and I would consider getting an i3 cpu (which would be fine for gaming) and improving the gpu (hd 5450 is pretty weak) and then as an upgrade you should pick up an i5 3570k cheaper in a year or so time but hey thats just something to think about

NathanRx

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013

Yeah i knew the RAM was compatible so I didn't bother asking :p and the GPU is temporary, should only have it for a month or so, so no need to have one more powerful I thought,
however
Thank you for reminding me that Ivy bridge has been succeeded, the haswell 4670k would be worth the extra £8, hahaha