Booting Linux/ Windows 7 from two different HDD's issue.

iNvalidRequiem

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
I've got Windows 7 installed on a 120gb Kingston HyperX 3K and I've got 64bit Fedora installed on a a 750gb 7200rpm Caviar Black. In my bios I can set boot priority in order, I've currently got it as cd drive, usb Hard Disk, and then Hard Disk. The issue is that for hard disk I can only select one of my Sata drives at a time, instead of just being able to select which drive to boot from in windows I have to go into the bios and switch the Hard Disk from Kingston to Caviar. Just wondering if there's a way to select which boot device on boot. If my description isn't enough, I've found a picture of the MSI uefi bios from my board (although this is an x79 board and not my AM3+ board). In the top right (ish) of the bios you'll see boot device priority. Each one of the symbols represent a different kind of device, except only ONE of those is for Hard Disk (there are several for USB Hard Disk and other stuff). When you click on the Hard Disk symbol you have to CHOOSE between the two drives, and then reset and boot. This is extremely inconvenient. http://www.vortez.net/index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=11699

stillblue

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

Boot to Fedora.
update-grub from root
Finished grub should add windows to it's menu .