GTX 560 ti might be dead

RyanKSG

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Hi, i have recently gotten a geforce 560 ti gpu. I put it in my computer into the PCI-Ex16 slot and hooked up my monitor to it. Next I turned on my computer and nothing......the computer is running the monitor is on but it just stays as a black screen. I hace a gt 530 and I put that back in and it works fine. So can anyone help me? Is my card dead or is there something that can be done?
Thank you.
Ryan

Solution
Did you connect the 6pin power connectors for the GTX 560Ti ? The GT 530 uses the auxiliary 75W power by the motherboard , eliminating the need for additional power by a 6/8pin PCI-e power connector from the PSU. The GTX 560Ti however requires extra power from a 6pin power adapter. Check out the PSU power connectors , and connect it to the GTX 560Ti.
If you already did that , I guess its an compatibility or GPU issue.
Did you connect the 6pin power connectors for the GTX 560Ti ? The GT 530 uses the auxiliary 75W power by the motherboard , eliminating the need for additional power by a 6/8pin PCI-e power connector from the PSU. The GTX 560Ti however requires extra power from a 6pin power adapter. Check out the PSU power connectors , and connect it to the GTX 560Ti.
If you already did that , I guess its an compatibility or GPU issue.

Solution

RyanKSG

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
I did plug it into the 560 ti. Even the fan was running, but still the screen stayed black. Thank you though!
Do you think it is a dead card or a driver issue or something else?
It should be compatible, my motherboard is a gigabye z68p-ds3 with pci 2.0. My power supply is a corsair 600 watt (which I just bought).

RyanKSG

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013

Yes, it was connected to the pci e 2.0 x 16 slot. same as my card that i have now(gt 530).