I think My mobo is bad, Blue screens and nonstarts, please help!

mstark

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Hello all, long time reader first time poster. I'm getting fairly desperate and some solid help would be much appreciated.

I'm upgrading components to my build this month. Originally I had an msi mobo with 6gb triple channel ram, 850 watt corsair psu, 7870 2gb gpu and an I7 930.

I recently started with the addition of a SSD, samsun evo 250 gb. Easy peasy install. So I used it for my boot drive and my old 5400 Seagate for storage. Well, It was time for a new cpu , and with it a new mobo and ram to match.

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model BLS2KIT4G3D1609DS1S00

Intel Core i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54670

MSI Z87-G45 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Pro Gaming with Killer Networking & Sound Blaster Intel ...

So I took out all my old stuff and put in the new. perfect fit...

For the longest time it wouldn't even boot. I thought it was the ram maybe. I took out the gpu and left in 1 stick of ram, and put in windows 7 as I figured I may need a fresh reboot.

The bios recognized both my hdd and my ssd.

Any time I tried to boot windows would freeze during the load, blue screen me, and restart.

the bottom would say A2, then 9C, and sometimes 92 I think. Maybe B2.

I thought maybe I couldn't plug in both sata 2 and sata 3 into the mobo, but that didn't make a difference.

I finally disconnected the SSD completely and did a fresh restart of windows on the hdd.

Finally that worked. I installed all msi drivers, gpu drivers, and ssd drivers. I couldn't connect to the internet yet to update anything.

After doing that, I tried to just put in my GPU and run it. The computer won't even boot, screen stays idle. So I took it out. Then I tried to boot from SSD. I still get blue screen as windows starts.

Im really thinking my mobo is bad. It seems like so many strange problems would lead me to believe that.

But im not very educated in this I've only built 2 computers.

I'm on the cusp over RMEing the MOBO. What do you think? any ideas? It is incredibly frustrating.

mstark

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
update. I managed to capture my blue screen. Looks like a 7b stop error. Hope someone can help me.

mstark

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
I changed to settings to IDE, got the the SSD to boot. I hope I don't have to stay in this mode forever.

Still having the issue of the computer not starts once I connect my GPU. drivers are already installed on the system I can't even get to bios.