So overwhelmed by Motherboards, AM3+

afatpaws

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
I built my own PC, and now it's time to upgrade. I bought a fx 4300 and am looking for a board for it. I've been looking at several different boards and people either love the board they got or have had nothing but issues.

I'm using my computer for gaming, and currently have 4x2 gig, 1600 speed g-skill ram sticks, a sapphire 6870, and I have a 630 watt power supply. is it worth getting 169-189 dollar board for my rig? Because I'd rather spend 100-120ish if there's no sense in buying a crazy fancy board. Also, I'm kinda lost on all the sata 3 and USB 3.0.. do I really need those?

also, am I going to need anything else, or is all my equipment going to work with the new board?

-Thanks

afatpaws

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

thanks a ton! I would like to overclock, but I should probably get something other than the basic heat sink, haha. I looked into that gigabyte board earlier and noticed it seems to have many issues, or is that pretty normal? I think i'd go with the ASUS. Any major differences between brands? Because I can't find any.. I'ev heard GIGABYTE uses better materials though

afatpaws

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

I'm sorry, I'm really confused on that last sentence. Sounds like it's contradicting itself. The board you linked earlier is the one you just linked that time, but yet I thought you just said the gigabyte was better.