[Hardware Error]: CPU 4: Machine Check Exception: 4 Bank 1

AngelNirvash

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Hi !!

Recently I got an FX-8350, it has a little overclock to 4320 Mhz but it is set automatically by the MoBo ( Asus m5a97 R2.0 ) The firts weeks it worked fine but 3 day a go i was running some multithread tests and the processor raised temp to 72° in the socket and 62° in the package (according cpuid monitor sw ). Computer turned off automatcally. after tu restar computer it worked fine but some issues started to appear.

Unexpectly while i am working, pc restart automatically, some time appear a blue screen with the message "whea uncorrectable error" (windows 8). Does not matter i am doing, surfing in the internet, or managing files etc. But for sure it ocurrs when i am on netflix after 3 or 4 mins. I thought that issue was provoked by silverlight or something like that but it doesnt matter.

I can play for hours Need for Speed or StarScraft, but when i am in windows doing something more the problem appears.

i thought that problem was the processor temperature, i removed it and put new heatsink compound and also i removed the side covers of my case. After that, issue continues even when temperatures are between 40 and 53 degrees.

The automatic shutdown is one of the issues, some times when the computer tries to boot again after the automatic shutdown, after the windows logo before to show the log in screen, computer shutsdown it self again and it turns a cicle of shotdown and boot for many times.

Ok ! i said, windows is the problem, so i tried to install linux mint 15 to be able to continue in my work, and oh surprise... after to install mint, when computer tries to load the OS after the Grub screen appears this Hardware error (please follow the next link to see the screenshot):

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2783/2h0z.jpg

So, i started to think that issue is caused by a defective or damaged processor, but i am not really sure about that. I searched about this error but i did noy found something clear.

Please, if somebody knows something about this problem i will appreciate your help, i want to discard all the options before to go to the cpu's warranty service, because that is problematic, probably AMD will send me to ASUS and ASUS will send me to AMD or both will send me to kingston, hahaha, i dont know XD !

Thank you guys !

Sorry for my english !! it is not my native language XD !!

Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

I would start to check the RAM. What RAM and RAM configuration are you running? 2x4GB...2x8GB. What overclock settings do you have in the BIOS? What happen if you set all to stock settings?

AngelNirvash

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

Hi saint19 !!

The Ram configuration is in single channel, i have a Kingston HyperX blu 1600 8GB, the latency table is here:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8859/3sp3.png

So, the problem persists when the configuration from Bios is in "high Performance" with this option, bios automatically overclock CPU with the next values:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6460/yb8b.png

I thought that this configuration was safe acording the manufacturers settings, i am was ussing it for 2 or 3 weeks but then the current issue appeared.
I set back the bios configuration to "normal mode" and it aproximately sets the configuration to stock values:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4222/9rjk.png

Now, with this configuration computer is stable and the issue dissapeared, but, what do you think? My processor or MoBo are healthy? I am worried about this, in the future will i can to overclock the cpu ? i am conscius about i need a great cooler, and may be a a dual channel configuration RAM.

Well, I am very grateful for your help, I am new with some of this things but i am on the way !

Well, that "Auto" overclock options not always works very well.

I suggest you get another RAM stick for dual channel, an a good cooler. After that, you can start to overclock you CPU manually, so, let me know what do you know about overclocking and in that way I can give you some advice on your rig.