2 monitors to laptop without using laptop display

Gaming_FD

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
Hello, I currently have my laptop connected to an external display and use both monitors but I hate having the whole laptop in the way and on my desk so I would like to connect the laptop just to two monitors and use those two instead and not the laptop screen. I would have one connected through HDMI and one through VGA...is it possible to do that and close the lid of the laptop without turning off the display of the other two screens? I want to know this before I buy the second monitor.

Thanks

Mattyice47

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
I dont believe you can, you could possibly get a new usb keyboard and mouse and put the laptop elsewhere and connect the keyboard and mouse to it. That's the only way I see that working.

If you still want to try, I will need to research it I will need the model and brand.

Gaming_FD

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013

I already have the mouse and keyboard.. I just want to put the laptop somewhere else and be able to use the other two monitors

space1

Honorable
May 20, 2013
What kind of laptop is it?
All you have to do is connect the displays the open the screen manager disable the laptop screen.
As for being able to close it and use a usb keyboard and mouse that sometimes depends on the laptop.
My thinkpad made me go through the Lenovo power settings to choose what happened to it when it closed up.
Some might use the windows settings.
To get to them open start menu and type sleep.

Gaming_FD

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013

It is a lenovo y500. And so its probably possible, right?

space1

Honorable
May 20, 2013
yea, most likely.

I haven't used my thinkpad in a while so just poke through the Lenovo energy manager thing and try to find an option like,
"Lid closed" or something.

I am really sorry I am not more in depth with it.

Gaming_FD

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013

aweseome thanks a lot!