Cannot Format Hard Drive Window 7

AussieBloke

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
I cannot format a hard drive. I have managed to recover all my files using TestDisk (highly recommend) and now I want to format the disk.

I get the error message "The format did not complete successfully" from Disk manager.

When I use DiskPart and use "FORMAT OVERRIDE RECOMMENDED" it says DiskPart encountered an error. Check the event viewer

When I check the event viewer I get the message that there is a "Bad Block" - this entry only occurs when I try to do a non quick format.

When I try to run "error checking" through property > tools it says windows cannot connect to the disk (yet I see the disk in disk management)

Sorry I don't know how to attached a picture in this text box but disk management does say my file is now in RAW file system format which I have read mountains of articles on over the last 3 weeks.

Is my disk cactus and should I just chuck it out?

AussieBloke

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

AussieBloke

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
Thanks Guys

Not sure where my previously posted answers went. I will check out the supplier website (hitachi). What I did in the short term was add an extra volume to the disk at about the 500mb mark to 1TB - So far so good . However I have been advised that once your disk starts getting bad sectors due to physical corruption it is likely more are to come and that I should be looking to replace now.