GTX 760 Micro stutter?

Yellowsailor

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting 2 GTX 760's for SLI. Will I experience any noticeable micro stutter with these? I'll be running some demanding games like Battlefield 3, Crysis 3, Metro: Last Light, etc. If so, can you recommend an alternative? Thanks.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That would depend on your sensitivity to m-s. I rarely noticed any m-s with my 2 x GTX 660s. But I'm sure it was there. I recently switched to a pair of HD 7870s so I could test the new beta driver on the rig in my sig. So far, so good with it too. The only game I see it on is Metro 2033. But that game is messed up, anyway. IMO

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

In metro last light theres weird stuttering (non fps drops) but the rest of the games its really not seeable if any at all. Ima do some testing with 1 gpu compared to sli next week and give results to see if its still there but other then that sli for 96% of the time you wont have any issues and i recommend it. 2 760s is pretty much higher then a gtx 780/titan so your sitting on ALOT of gpu power at 1080p and can step it up to 1440p if you desire

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Edit: After doing alot of testing with pretty much my whole game selection with sli enabled i encountered a bit to much of micro-stuttering and the frames really didnt hold up compared to 1 gtx 780. I mean sure sli gives more fps on paper but i think ima start recommending for someone to get the best gpu they can purchase and to avoid going sli. I mean i guess some people may not have issues but its a gamble or luck out of the draw and to be honest 1 780/ti can pretty much handle its own at 1080p/1440p unless you trying to max out everything completely and even then sli isnt worth its admission with its problems which i would rather turn down a setting or 2 to achieve the fps