Tags:
  • Peripherals
  • PC gaming
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Monitors
  • Brother
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 8, 2013 1:26:53 PM

At the end of November my brother is gifting me the PS4 as a birthday present.
I am starting uni as well, and am building a PC, but over the course of a few years.
I don't want to buy a tv for the PS4 and 2 years later buy a monitor for my PC.
So I am looking to buy a monitor that can work for both my PS4 and PC.
Now I have done a couple of months of looking and research and am familiar with the different types and specs of monitors.

For recommendations for a monitor, I would like it to be between 27-30" inches, have a GtG time of >/= 5ms. (preferably 2ms). Also if it could be under £250 and be available in Europe that would be great.

I looked at the corresponding Asus and AOC models, but the monitors look a bit bland and flimsy, and at the end of the day thats not too much of an issue, but is there anything as good/better spec wise which also looks better?

Thank you.

More about : monitor purchasing advice

a b C Monitor
September 8, 2013 1:32:05 PM

Where in Europe are you in? This would help me to use the right websites for correct prices.
September 9, 2013 2:02:59 AM

cars12345 said:
Where in Europe are you in? This would help me to use the right websites for correct prices.

I'm located in the UK :) 
Related resources
September 9, 2013 7:23:48 AM

cars12345 said:
Here is a list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/monitor/#s=3000,2980,2...

I assume you might need built-in speakers. But I would recommend buying your own.

Also, I assumed TN monitors would better suit your needs.
Please Google "IPS vs TN".

Thank you the website is great!!
Can you explain why a TN monitor would be better, from my search it wasnt clear what advantaged it gave? Thank you cars.
a c 97 C Monitor
September 9, 2013 7:56:59 AM

Check the monitor guide linked in my sig and stickied at the top of the Peripherals forum, might help you make the decision.
It will definitely answer the TN vs IPS monitor question. Hint; the TN doesn't win :p 
September 9, 2013 11:54:51 AM

manofchalk said:
Check the monitor guide linked in my sig and stickied at the top of the Peripherals forum, might help you make the decision.
It will definitely answer the TN vs IPS monitor question. Hint; the TN doesn't win :p 

Thank you for your guide it was very useful, really made IPS vs TN clear. After a bit of searching I came across this IPS monitor, AOC i2757fh.
It says it has a response time of 5ms, but it says its black to white response not GtG, can anyone tell me what the GtG time should be, it should be faster and I'd like to know.

Does anyone have an opinion on this monitor.

Thank you.
!