Gtx evga 780 acx really hot in sli help please

Dropdead777

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013
Im new to pc building so here I go...I have a nzxt phantom full tower with two gtx 780 acx in sli...They get really hot like 94c in evga for top card precision x and bottom 86 after about 30 min of gaming...I dont crash cuz throttles back down to stay in temp target...I have case set up is push pull configure...are my cards getting any harm from these high temps??Im due for a new case had this one for over two years and was used from my friend...any suggestions on cases that would better suit my cooling or a way to bring my temps down in phantom?

Dropdead777

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013
yes, there is space between cards but not much...i have a fan controller and have fans at 40 percent but when I turn all fans to 100 percent they do run cooler like 80-85 for top and 73-78 for bottom...I just like a quiet case and all fans cranked up sound loud...Think i will just start looking for a new case...any suggestions???

I meant for the cards, though the ACX cooler is good any cooler in an SLI setup should be audible due to the increased heat. The original Phantom isn't known for its brilliant airflow, so that may be the problem, that said, no matter the case you won't be able to just run the case fans at 600rpm and expect them to deal with 2 780's dumping heat into the case.

Try turning the case fans up enough so that they are at the same noise level as the cards, isn't much noise benefit running them any quieter. ACX cooler is usually said to be near silent, but in an SLI setup you'll need to have a slightly more aggressive fan profile, if you cant hear them at all then that thats likely the cause.

Dropdead777

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013
ok, I did a custom fan profile that helped a lot...now my temps are down about 10-12 degrees with acx fans about 70 percent which really cant tell over my case fans..thanks

G

I am running 2 780 sc acx and my temps are 65 top 62 bottom I haven't done any change to them but I have a corsair540 case with awesome airflow running on i7 4770k and gigabyte sniper board if that helps

my set up http://forum.overclock3d.net/album.php?albumid=219