Windows 7 won't work? It says not genuine, but it is.

lawrence kok

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
So around 3 months ago, I got my new laptop, which was very powerful with a GTX660m. It's a Clevo W370ET and was a limited laptop. When I got it, it came with drivers and all the other stuff. So I installed windows and all the other drivers like VGA and Audio. But suddenly, after 3months, everything screwed up. At first internet couldn't connect, so I went and played around with things like for example, I changed from AHCI mode to IDE mode, which is wrong I know, and I'd fix it later. But after I did that, I started getting blue screen because it was a wrong mode, but I was stupid at the time so I didn't know about AHCI and IDE. So I had the blue screen of death. I then proceeded to chkdsk and it was checking and checked complete. Then i went to system restore and restored it to an earlier point of time before I had this bluescreen. It didn't work. Finally, I asked my friend about the IDE and AHCI and he cussed at me and other things and told me AHCI is what the modern pc and lappys used. So I switched back to AHCI, and to my surprise, it worked! But not everything was back to normal. I got Build 7601, windows is not genuine. Even though Windows WAS genuine when i used it before I fcked up everything, now it isn't. This then effected other programs like my drivers. My laptop's VGA driver messed up and I reinstalled it. Now it has a cross on the logo and i can't activate it. Then I looked to the internet. People told me to open SLUI and re input my Windows Product Key. When I proceeded to open SLUI... it didn't open. Or any other program in fact. Whenever I start up, it tells me DO YOU WANT TO GET GENUINE NOW? I click get genuine now and it gives me this error( An error has occured, CODE: 0x800700B7, Description: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.) Do you see that? I do. It says that it's already somewhere in my computer, and it won't open. This code and description always pops up whenever I try to open something related to Windows, like SLUI. So I can't fix it if I can't put in the damn product key. Please help me with this, but without giving me links to microsoft's help and support because they didn't help me when I called. The place where I bought the laptop was at Cyberpowerpc, maybe their windows are legal?

sounds like u may need to back up important files then rerun windows setup to do a clean install using legal key. if they gave u a legal key it should be on a windows sticker attached to your computer somewhere that says Microsoft with multicolor background and a security strip embedded in it.(im sure Microsoft web site will tell u how to see if the label is genine)if you don't have something like this then you don't have a legal key and u need to go out and buy one. best of luck