Closed

Micron P420m SSD Review: 1.4 TB Of PCI Express-Attached Storage

After the success of its P320h, Micron is following up with the P420m, an MLC-based PCI Express x8 add-in card aimed at more read-oriented enterprise customers. How does it compare to the company's SLC-based flagship? We benchmark ours thoroughly.

Micron P420m SSD Review: 1.4 TB Of PCI Express-Attached Storage : Read more
8 answers Last reply
More about micron p420m ssd review pci express attached storage
  1. Seems like enterprise non-volatile storage is finally starting to approach the speeds of comsumer ram drives:
    http://www.thessdreview.com/our-reviews/romex-fancycache-review-ssd-performance-at-13gbs-and-765000-iops-in-60-seconds-flat/

Considering that the cost/GB of RAM is about $7/GB, it may not be such a bad idea to use RAM storage + backup generators instead of traditional non-volatile flash nand.
  2. Take my money!
  3. Maybe once the price drops I would pick one of these up, but I think we all know it will be a while before that happens.
  4. rezzahd said:
    Maybe once the price drops I would pick one of these up, but I think we all know it will be a while before that happens.

Same here. I love the concept but price/gb isn't where it should be. But i do have some extra pci express slots that need filled!
  5. It is good to see good competition like now. keep comparing like this and hope soon we will get the good mature technology. now the SSD still have many improvement ideas. manufacturer need to work harder to win the market which is big.
  6. Awesome. Later down the road, when the price falls, these are going to be the thing to have. Really like PCI based SSD.
  7. TL;DR. I could benefit from something like this saving space on my system. It must have a hefty price
  8. i Don't think paying around 600 Dollars for a storage card is feasible.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Storage Micron