Some games heat me GPU up 75degrees C

Chadbytes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
So I don't want to get too in dept to rid off too many responders...

I have a MSI GTX 670 Power Edition..

Some games run as they should, like gw2.. Not even exceeding 56-58 degrees on the highest settings... Dragons Prophet heats up my GPU to about 75.. I don't like this... I can run Tomb Raider at Ultra without even hitting 68... Why do some games up the temp vs others.. Also why do most game have a high temp in starting and it calms down after a couple mins?

NEW GPU

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012
well, some game naturally stresses the gpu more so than the other because that's just how they have been coded, most of the times the gpu usage stay same despite difference in temperature.

To answer your second question, this is how the gpu works-

When you dont run any games, your fan runs at idol speed(normally 30-40%)
Then when you start running a game, gpu the temperature goes up
As the gpu temperature goes up, your gpu starts to speed up the fan around 60-80%, therefore the temp goes down again and stabilises

75c is nothing to worry about, you are still 24c below the max safe temp

Hope that answers your question :)

Chadbytes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013

Thanks for closure. Can mod choose this response as solution? I can figure it out on mobile.

Just to add a little point, but it can help with temperatures if V-sync is turned on.
Some old games with fairly demanding graphics like Serious Sam run at stupid speeds, sometimes exceeding 250 FPS and this causes the card to heat up as if its running Metro Last Light or Crysis. Turning Vsync on caps the framereate to 60, slowing the card and reducing its temperature.