Newegg First Time Computer Builder Tips!

Hexa Fox

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013
Hey guys I just bought my first computer from Newegg and just got done putting it together. I am having a little trouble with the Graphics Card at the moment, but think in a short while I will have it completely figured out. I am pretty proud of my self so please try not to ruin it for me.

What I am here for is I want to really put my new hardware to the test. The obvious way to do this is to get a high demanding game or piece of software I know, but is there anything else? Because I know that a lot of games and software can be cloudy when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I am sure everyone knows what I am talking about because you can start playing a game on a computer and it run flawlessly. Then to only later figure out after you get further in the game and there is more happening on the screen your computer starts to bog down and it was not the machine you thought it was at the start.

Since I am a first time PC builder I know I can start with the "Windows Performance Scanner" thing and it will give me a rating. I know there are other ways to (malicious downloads software) test your PC's performance, but do not trust them. So basically by now there are probably several people here that have built several computers.

I would simply think that a lot of you would have a few things you do with your computer to test it out and make sure it is running like you expect it to. Can anyone give me some feedback and help me out? I would really appreciate it. Also you should be able to follow this link to see my Computer Build if you are interested. Thanks Guys!

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=23851646