2200$ PC. Pls help with Case MB & PSU

Gratian Stefan

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Hello everyone ! I am a noob at building PCs, so this took me a lot of time to make. This is basically what i have chosen:
Copy_of_PC.jpg

First and foremost i am genetically incapable of choosing a Case for my rig and i would like help with that.

Approximate Purchase Date: end of September / sometime in October

Budget Range: 2000$-2200$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Streaming games, Video Editing

Are you buying a monitor: Yes, this is what i am buying BenQ Professional Gaming 3D XL2420T 24 inch 2 ms GTG black It's 470$, so that puts me at a total of 2042$.

Parts to Upgrade: Case(like i said i can't choose one), i am unsure of the PSU(i heard it was crap) and although i like the motherboard because it's cheap, i would like to know your alternatives provided that when i draw the line it won't go over 2200$.

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: the site i used to build this system is www.cel.ro, but i think i am going to use www.pcgarage.ro because they can assemble the PC for me.

(if you know better deals, or if there are any romanians who got the same pc but at a cheaper price from somewhere else please tell me, i am not loaded with cash, i live in a 3rd world country with first world prices)

Parts Preferences: I am dead set on the CPU and GPU, i don't need more than 1TB of HDD space and the SSD is the cheapest i could find that doesn't have bad reviews.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe (i have no idea how it works)

Additional Comments: I would like an efficient long-lasting and cool looking rig.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Because my current PC is older than 50% of Justin Bieber's fan base (it's 9 years old)

Thanks in advance for your help.

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
never heard of that one, so im going to recommend corsair instead. HX model is a good one and i believe there is one model under that which is also okay. And of course the ax model above it is good, although more expensive
Unless you plan to do a fair amount of video editing 8 gb ram is probably better
As far as the ssd, look into the samsung evo at that size, it's a bit more expensive but many like samsung for ssd
look into the fractal r4 for a case

Gratian Stefan

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

thx for the input, much appreciated. what about the motherboard and a sound card ? also what do you think about the general aspects of this rig i'm trying to build ?

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013

agree with the no discrete sound card; unless you have a specific need, the sound from the board will likely be more than enough for your games. You could put that money saved towards something else. And if you absolutely must have it then you can always buy one later and put it in when you decide you don't like it

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
it depends on a) what you want and b) reputation for quality that board has

as for a: there are tons of features that are either useful or are things you will never touch in your lifetime. Some boards allow for overclocking while others do not and some are better at it than others. Some have loads of pci slots while others are too small to fit many. Since it's gaming, you would probably want the option for multi-gpus as a possibility; even if you don't think you would utilize it the feature might still be something to consider. In this case you would want a board that has either sli (nvidia) or crossfire (amd) support, or both as some boards have. And then you want to figure out what other features it has, such as: How many sata ports? fan headers? usb headers? esata/usb 2.0+3.0 ports etc. and other connections from the i/o ports? Just make sure it has what you want and need, fits in the case you selected (usually just a label matching thing, atx board generally fit in most all mid-full tower cases, and i've only heard of some rare instances where some boards were slightly bigger than average around the edges. Even then it fit fine, although was a bit snug) And that you will be happy spending money on the thing that will essentially be supporting all your hardware for the system's lifetime (unless you want to go through the effort of upgrading it) I'm not an AMD person, but at quick glance it seemed decent enough (although research more on your own of course).

b) as for b, asus has a pretty good reputation so chances are you will probably be getting something decent for a lot of their stuff. But still take a look at what users say about it. Are there an abnormally large number of rma's due to defects being reported compared to other boards? This one is more of an opinion thing to me, as you need the actual board to see for yourself. But it can be a useful filter

cjkupers

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Just from a quick glance, that RAM is a little spendy. you can easily find a better, less expensive alternative.

And holy moly... Is a 4GB 770GTX really necessary? From what I've seen, its better off just grabbing an OC'd version of a 780 at that point if you're going to torch $700 on a GPU.

Gratian Stefan

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

unfortunately the price for an oc'd 780 is higher than a 4gb 770... like i said in OP, third world country, first world prices...

TRENDING THREADS