Backlit keyboard - flickering lights with nVidia 3D glasses?

NerevarReborn

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
I recently started playing some games with nVidia 3D vision on my Asus 27" 144Hz 3D monitor. I noted right away that some lights in my room appeared to be flickering heavily through the glasses. Most notably my new LED light bulbs. Halogen doesn't seem to flicker at all.

So to my question....I really need to get a backlit keyboard, since I have to use the 3D in a dark room, and the glasses makes everything even darker - so will the LED lights in the keyboard appear to flicker through the 3D glasses? If they will then that would drive me nuts. Is there different frequencies used for those LED lights in different backlit keyboard brands/models? Or is there even any where you can change the frequency in settings?

Someone must have tested this? Or know of someone that has?

Also, if it seems to be ok to use a backlit keyboard with the nVidia glasses - which keyboard to get? Don't need mechanical, and would prefer bluetooth. Also preferably a compact keyboard that's not too wide. My current has the numpad separately, and that is perfect for me. So can do without that on the keyboard itself.

CraigN

Distinguished
Not sure what to recommend on the keyboard front for you that fits all your needs, but I can say as someone who also has a 3D Vision 2 kit and a blue LED backlit Razer Blackwidow, I don't notice any flickering from my keyboard while playing, even if I stop and look down at my keyboard.

Do you only notice it while looking directly at the light or is it just something you're seeing in the background while looking at your monitor?