accidentally hit the back of my graphics card

Rokeugon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
so i was getting so annoyed at the fact that mny graphics card was making a slight raling noice (problem was it was just the casing was to lose from the graphics card board)

so if i want to silence the card i need to keep constant pressure on it that way its not rattling with the rest of the graphics card

anyway

i was pulling it out but i must have pulled it out with a little to much force , i hit the back of the board off a somewhat small hard plastic case that keeps all my wires together and organized

and ive picked up 2 of these very tiny tiny bits of what seem to be metal or what not and now the back of the card is missing 2 of these things

im wanting to know if its still safe to use the card (currently using it now but not stressed tested it yet)

they where place in a section called C*** dunno the exact numbers but the * indicate they are numbers

Rokeugon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

its not part of the fan , the tiny things came off from the back of the graphics card its no where near connected to the fan

Rokeugon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

hmm well it kinda looks like it from the pictures , so yes i would presume so

mace200200

Honorable
GPU.jpg

see the things in the middle (and in the circle which as it states is broken), is it one of those? Those are capacitors, they can break off and you do in fact need them there.

Rokeugon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

yes thats what it looks like , 2 of them where broken off... so is it needing replaced im guessing then - i have not played any games just casually browning and watching youtube atm because im just wanting to know if it was okey or if its bad or what not

Rokeugon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

well its been working fine put it under strain with MSI afterburner and it seemed to be fine , its only a low profile card its not big deal but helps with testing etc

Rokeugon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

im just going to test if everything is okey and il do an hours play on World of tanks and same with firefall and warframe , if i dont get back within the next 3-5 hours then something failed :(

Those are small capacitors. Often it can work without them, but it might make it a bit less stable with more ripple entering the chips.
Be careful to avoid doing that since you could knock a more critical component off and be in big trouble.

Rokeugon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

well its been okey so far , however ive noticed that takes quite a while to load stuff now and there is a lot of lock ups now more of often than i did get before

mace200200

Honorable
What you described is what someone with a bad PSU would see. Now I"m sure your PSU is fine, the problems you have is probably due to the capacitors. Capicitors hold electricity with some of them missing, the power in your GPU isn't quite right. You'll want to work on replacing that card before it blows.