CPU Cooler For 3930k

theaddiction2

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
Hello fellow forum users.I am building a new high end PC later this year/early next year (first build so sorry if this seems rather noobish) and I was having trouble deciding on a good CPU cooler for my new build.I am getting a I7 3930k and I plan on overclocking it slightly (taking the 3.2 normal to 3.5 and taking the 3.7 boost to 4).What is a good cooler for this kind of setup? (I'm also running on a ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme MOBO if that's worth mentioning.)

theaddiction2

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

Since this is my first build I was thinking of using air since CLCs are,as far as I know,harder to setup and are have the risk of leaking.Is this just a urban myth of PC building or an I in respects well informed?

Closed loop coolers have little to no chance to leak, even if they do so they are under warranty and are minor leaks to begin with. Cheap liquid coolers are a bit more iffy but the H80 and 110 are much better. If you want air get the EVO, you can OC a bit with that air cooler, and no risk of water.

Neoaculus

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
That is for open-loop systems. OTher than that water cooling is VERY effective. But please tell me what you are doing with that beast cpu for it could take a powerful cooler. If you are just using it for school and stuff an h60 will work great.