Intel core i5 760 and nvidia geforce gtx 760 will do bottleneck?

Actually I have a i5-760 @2.80 GHz and geforce gt 220, but for gaming is bad, I want to buy a gtx 760 for gaming, but im worried if my i5 do bottleneck
13 answers Last reply
More about intel core 760 nvidia geforce gtx 760 bottleneck
  1. But my intel core is 2.80 GHz, and his i5 is 3.60 i'll play 1920 too, sorry for dont say before
  2. Depends on your power supply as well.
  3. I'll change too the power supply for a Nox Urano VX 750W
  4. Well, do you have any higher quality power supplies in your area?
  5. It depends on how CPU heavy the game is, games that don't need a lot of CPU like the Metro series, Tomb Raider, Witcher 2, you will likely face no bottleneck at all at stock clocks. More CPU heavy titles like Crysis 3, or Far Cry 3 you may hit a bit of a bottleneck, though probably not a crippling one. Poorly optimized or poorly threaded CPU intensive games like Hitman Absolution or Assassin's Creed 3, you'll likely hit a large bottleneck, as those games can have issues on higher settings if you don't have an overclocked Sandy Bridge or higher.
  6. Deemo13 said:
    Well, do you have any higher quality power supplies in your area?

    More than 750W for an i5 and gtx 760? o_O
    Supernova1138 said:
    It depends on how CPU heavy the game is, games that don't need a lot of CPU like the Metro series, Tomb Raider, Witcher 2, you will likely face no bottleneck at all at stock clocks. More CPU heavy titles like Crysis 3, or Far Cry 3 you may hit a bit of a bottleneck, though probably not a crippling one. Poorly optimized or poorly threaded CPU intensive games like Hitman Absolution or Assassin's Creed 3, you'll likely hit a large bottleneck, as those games can have issues on higher settings if you don't have an overclocked Sandy Bridge or higher.

    So you think i'll have bottleneck with the next-gen games? I want the gtx 760 to the next-gen games
  7. Depends on how CPU heavy the next gen games are, the next gen consoles have rather slow CPUs in them, in order to get any decent performance out of them, the games will have to be able to use 8 threads effectively. I'd say maybe get the GTX 760 now, and wait and see how things play out before you upgrade your CPU/Mobo. Who knows, maybe AMD will surprise us and actually release something that will force Intel to make actual improvements to their CPUs.
  8. Supernova1138 said:
    Depends on how CPU heavy the next gen games are, the next gen consoles have rather slow CPUs in them, in order to get any decent performance out of them, the games will have to be able to use 8 threads effectively. I'd say maybe get the GTX 760 now, and wait and see how things play out before you upgrade your CPU/Mobo. Who knows, maybe AMD will surprise us and actually release something that will force Intel to make actual improvements to their CPUs.

    Mmmm I read another post comparing gtx 760 vs 7950 and for the same price i'll buy the Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC Boost Vapor-X 3GB GDDR5 better than the gtx 760, with my intel core i5 760@2.80 Ghz and my mobo asus p7p55d-e lx, and ill buy a new psu, the Corsair GS700 V2 700W Gaming Series, the gpu is compatible with my mobo(the radeon 7959)? You think the psu Corsair GS700 V2 700W Gaming Series will can supply the i5 760 and the Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC Boost Vapor-X 3GB GDDR5? Thanks for all the help :)
  9. Everything is compatible, and the PSU you selected is enough to power either card, so you're good there.
  10. Supernova1138 said:
    Everything is compatible, and the PSU you selected is enough to power either card, so you're good there.

    Ok, so I buy them and then like you say i'll see if the next-gen games do bottleneck to my i5, if it do ill wait if AMD or Intel launch or improve his CPUs

    P.S: I don't know how to mark solved, i can't find the button to mark the solution and solved :S
  11. Just butting in here.
    Trender, you can drop to a 600Watt powersupply, make sure it has at least 1x6 pin and 1x8 pin (or 1x6 and 1x6+2 pin) PCI-E connectors, quality makers are: Antec, Corsair, XFX, OCZ, Silverstone and Seasonic.
    One point, you might want to look into getting a better CPU cooler and overclocking your processor, even a modest overclock like mine (3.4GHz) makes quite a difference in CPU heavy games.
  12. coozie7 said:
    Just butting in here.
    Trender, you can drop to a 600Watt powersupply, make sure it has at least 1x6 pin and 1x8 pin (or 1x6 and 1x6+2 pin) PCI-E connectors, quality makers are: Antec, Corsair, XFX, OCZ, Silverstone and Seasonic.
    One point, you might want to look into getting a better CPU cooler and overclocking your processor, even a modest overclock like mine (3.4GHz) makes quite a difference in CPU heavy games.

    The psu of 600W think to buy is:
    Cooler Master E-600 600W - 37 €
    Corsair GS600 V2 600W Gaming Series - 74 €
    Corsair GS600 V2 700W Gaming Series - 79€

    I don't know if that cooler master is good because is a lot of cheap more than the corsair 600W, and for buy the corsair, for 5 € ill buy the 700W

    The cooler I have is the stock cooler, I think to buy the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, is that good for overclock to 3.6 GHz/3.4?
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Intel i5 Geforce Graphics Gtx Bottleneck