Does all of this fit inside of my computer without any problems?

CepheiA

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
I don't recommend building into your existing case.

The existing 250w power supply in your HP will not be enough to accommodate your upgrades. It needs to be upgraded if it hasnt already.

Adding new ram to existing old ram is usually not the best idea unless, in your case, you buy HP ram that is recommended. But it seems like you want to take your old ram and put it in your new motherboard? I personally would never do that. Quality 8GB (2x4GB) dual channel memory kits are only about $60-70.

Lastly, building into a prebuilt system case creates more problems than it's worth, mainly because of space issues. There are great cases for $50-75 and it'll feel better showing off your custom built machine rather than your HP frakenbuild.

You need to look inside of your case and see if it has mounting holes for the motherboard you plan to install. If it does, you need to then measure the distance from the expansion slots to the (usually) drive bays and see if you have enough space to fit in your card which measures 9.5".

lake1212

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013

Ok then. i have 4 questions.

1. What do you recommend that i do then.

2. what cases do you recommend that would fit that motherboard or other AM3+ socket motherboards?

3. Why would transferring the ram from one possessor to the next be a problem? I mean a ram card is a ram card (DDR3 anyways).

4. what wattage power supply do you recommend

Thanks for replying so quickly.