Sign in with
Your question

Which 7970 is right for me?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 9, 2013 3:54:41 PM

I'm going to be getting a 7970 for my new build but I'm not sure which one to get. I want to keep it below 340 CAD if possible. I'm going to be playing bf4 mostly. Here is a link to the newegg search results.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=EN...
The help is apprectiated.

More about : 7970

September 9, 2013 3:57:51 PM

Depends on your case, cooling, how many monitors, if you going to overclock, type of build ( atx , matx, mitx, etc.)
September 9, 2013 4:12:14 PM

Flaggedbacon said:
Depends on your case, cooling, how many monitors, if you going to overclock, type of build ( atx , matx, mitx, etc.)

I have the antec one gaming case. I don't have any aftermarket cooling. I might get into overclocking if this card starts to dip below 50 fps on some games, 1 1600X900 moniter, ATX. I also heard that this is a very wide card and im using a pci wireless adapter. I'm new to computers so im not sure if that going to interfere with the anteni or any of that kind of stuff.
And thanks for the responce.
Related resources
September 9, 2013 5:50:16 PM

also i've been reading a lot about people having problems with 7970's. Should I be concerned? I'm leaning towards getting the gigabyte one but I'm wondering how long will this card last before it breaks? I'm hoping to be using it for a solid 3-4 years.
!