SLI Causing Flickering Textures - GTX 680

crashburn202

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
Hey Guys,

I owned a GTX 680 DC2T-2GD5 card and recently purchased a GTX 680 DC2O-2GD5 for SLI. The only difference is that base clock speed is different between the 2 but still same range.

I installed them both with the SLI bridge and everything was ok. I have the latest driver from nVidia 326.80. SLI setting works as I have GPU tweak and i monitor the performance and they are both working fine. I synched the clock speeds using GPU Tweak so there should not be an issue. I first experienced some stuttering in some games (splinter cell blacklist), then i noticed that when i open chrome the white texture flickers like crazy.. but not in firefox... Also in Vegas Studios Pro the preview video also goes haywire.

I disabled SLI and everything gets back to normal.. I checked each card separately and they both work fine. So for sure it has to do with SLI. I have an 800 WATT PSU. i7.

I tried Rome 2 Total War with SLI and textures become corrupt.. no SLI = no problem..

Can anyone help me troubleshoot?

Thanks

what exact motherboard do you have? what exact make and model psu do you have?
I would suggest to remove all nvidia drivers with driversweeper in safe mode, this removes all files and registry entries. Then reinstall the driver.