Apple Confirms iPhone 5C with 4-inch Retina Display and A6 SoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
"The iPhone 5C is priced at $99 and $199 for the 16 GB and 32 GB models respectively. Those prices come with a two-year contract. It's not clear if Apple plans to sell the iPHone 5C off-contract. We'll keep you posted on that one."

I believe out definitions of "not breaking the bank" may differ greatly. If I'm not mistaken this is what most new phones cost in exchange for your soul for 2 years these days.

halcyon

Splendid
Most folks in the US are fine with a 2-year contract. If not, there's retail price and I'm sure Apple and the carriers would be glad to to give it to you from behind or in front. ...gotta pay to play.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
$100 for an extra 16gb... man, companies like this make me sick. No functionality to add your own SD card so that you'll have to opt for the 32gb model and pay the extra $100. Mind you a 16gb micro SD card can be had for $10 - $15 on sale usually... yet Apple says, NOPE, $100 BIATCH!

chuckydb

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
So basically, it's last years iphone 5 with new colors, but still priced like a high end phone to compete with lower priced phone. Nice job Apple.
Nexus 5 please?

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Who buys Apple phones anymore when Win8 phones like Lumia 928 or that new 1050 something is out there? I'll take the amazing camera with actual zoom over lame Apple colors everyday of the week. I buy a case the color I want. Why even bother with colors?

halcyon

Splendid

The % of folks that actually desire a Windows phone is so small that it may as well not even be mentioned when you compare it to Android and iOS devices.

doogansquest

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
@halcyon: That used to be the case, but Windows phones are gaining traction because of their all-in-one integration to other Windows devices (XBox, tablets, etc). In Europe, specifically, the market is huge for Windows phones because the Nokia hub is there.

The point isn't about the market share for Windows, just that there are other (and far better options) than an Apple product nowadays. Not only are these products smarter, and coming with more beef under the hood, they are often less expensive because they don't have a stenciled piece of fruit on the back.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
I'm more impressed by the 5S announcement than this one...

$99-$199 for the "economy model phone" is quite steep of a price to pay if you ask me...

I can get a Galaxy S4 in Canada for $180 on a 2 year term, the Optimus G (which is effectively a Nexus 4 with expandable memory) is $50 on a 2 year term, and those are premium top of the line phones.

I was expecting the 5C to cost from $0-$50 on a 2 year term.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
I'm more impressed by the 5S announcement than this one...

$99-$199 for the "economy model phone" is quite steep of a price to pay if you ask me...

I can get a Galaxy S4 in Canada for $180 on a 2 year term, the Optimus G (which is effectively a Nexus 4 with expandable memory) is $50 on a 2 year term, and those are premium top of the line phones.

I was expecting the 5C to cost from $0-$50 on a 2 year term.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Hahaha. This is hilarious. eh? the genius iPhone? no, the hate comments.

Just remember, there is a reason why the iPhone is such a great seller. Although you can keep believing that it is dumb sheep and stuff while replacing your 3rd broken Samsung.

Oh, and that "like" "dislike" button is for comment/argument quality, not for agree/disagree, so don't be the dumb sheep to click the big red one without reply.

$549 and $649 off contract are not budget friendly. It should have been more like $349 and $399 off contract. Given that Apple won't put a 5" screen in and I won't pay more than $349 I'll be switching to Windows Phone or Android for my next phone. Probably Windows Phone as I hate the Android GUI.

Unless I can get a used and unlocked iPhone 5 for $350.

Know what I love about this thing? The way Samsung haters were bashing the use of glossy plastic (as opposed to Apple's "glorious" quality materials). Now they all shut up.
Gotta love it.

drunkenbloke

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
@JPNpower so why does the guy sitting behind me at work have iphone after iphone come to him for repairs and so far this year one htc phone 4 samsungs and a couple of nokias
love the iphone quality

Status
Not open for further replies.