Asus Rampage 4 Ex + i7 3960x + corsair H80 = Cpu fan Error

Kalzakov

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
hello,

i have a asus rampage 4 extreme, intel i7 3960x 16 gig corsair vengance corsair 850 watt, titan and corsair h80 cooler. it recently went out of commission because the old h80 pump died so i just recieved my new one, and its still idling at 80degrees C and keeps saying cpu error. now ive checked every connection its all in places its all powered its spinning but the cpu just isnt cooling. im lost and very frustrated as ive put to much money into this paperweight.

any ideas would be very very appreciated!

Kalzakov

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
ok just tryed 2 different fan headers, same result, cpu fan error (code 34 1 long beeps 4 short)

(edited to 4 beeps)

Kalzakov

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
its about two years old so probably not, and theres no Asus place near where i liv for a good few hundred miles. so yeah its a akward situation to say the least.

Kalzakov

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
OK i made a slight improvement, the temp is down to 60c still getting the cpu fan error even though now there spinning up and making a decent level of noise.

and i miss heard the beeps its 1 long and 4 short. which i believe rules out the gfx card atleast.

the degrees went down when i took the plastic casing of the molex connector and put the pins in manually. so the assumption is i have a faulty h80 again this time the molex cable/pin are faulty.

but hopefully with the correct amount of beeps that may shed some light and get some different ideas from you beautiful people

That's why it's good to have a stock CPU fan for testing.
1 long 4 short can be related to the CPU fan not working (hardware failure).
The CPU fan error can be caused by a fan speed lower than 600 or so. I think that the error message can be disabled in BIOS.
However, 60C while idling is not good. Will you RMA the fan?

Kalzakov

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
Yea i will take it back to scan on sat and explain that the pump is failing or the dodgy molex power connector. and weirdly enough the h80 unit that sits over the cpu with the fan speed setting button no longer works.

its most likely a dodgy h80 again. but im gunna do a thorough test on the power supply because there is a chance it could be that too.

thanks for the help so far, very much apperciated!

Kalzakov

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
Hello!

I have some brilliant news, i fixed it and it was a SECOND faulty h80. i bought a Zalman CNPS9900 MAX because i have an older version thats 8 years old that still works. and my cpu posts and no more errors get back in to windows.

the zalman is running my cpu and a smooth 25c!

But once again thanks Alexoiu for your time and effort!

TRENDING THREADS