Recently upgraded my computer Motherboard is asus F2 A55-M LE Cpu is amd A10 6700 Power supply is silent pro M 850W Video

Lloyder

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
And it worked great for about 4 days then I woke up ib the k orning and it woukd not turn on. I opened the case and the power stand by light is on on the motherboard so I peess the power buttob and the cpu fan starts to spin but stops and the computer doesn't start. What kind of issue could this be. I tried using my old power supply and it does the same thing

Lloyder

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
I have unplugged my video card and it boots right up now. And when I place the video card in the fan spins but when I plug in the power cables to the video card the computer will no longer start

It means that the system starts but it doesn't boot/POSTs.
Try clearing the CMOS (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes). After that start the board (without the graphics card inserted).

Lloyder

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
Unplugged the battery for a few minutes put it back in and I still only get fans and motherboard light. No mouse or keyboard activity or lights

Lloyder

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
New developement. I removed 1 of my sticks of ram and it booted up and I got video. So I wanted to testedif it was a bad slot I removed the ram put it in another slot then I recieved no power to the motherboard. I then placed the same one back into itsoriginal place which it started the computer and now I get no power at all

Lloyder

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
False alarm I am just stressed and plugged in a wrong power cord. Butevrything works the only time it stops working is when I have my graphics card plugged to the power supply

Umzipumzi

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Why would it stop working if you plug the graphics card to power? Is that not how it is supposed to be? Or did you literally try to install the card in the power supply?