Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ati Radeon HD 6670 with AMD phenom x3 8600B

Last response: in CPUs
Share
September 10, 2013 1:21:44 PM

Hey there,

I need your opinions.I have HP 5850 Which have AMD phenom x3 8600B.
I was wondering if my processor will work flawlessly with HD 6670.
I saw a video on youtube NFS run running on ultra with phenom x3 8650(Both are same 8600B) HD 6670.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqJkQHHgvNQ

Thanks.
a c 803 à CPUs
a c 153 À AMD
September 10, 2013 1:31:00 PM

That GPU should work fine with that CPU. Neither are particularly fast, so do not expect much in newer titles.
a b à CPUs
September 10, 2013 1:56:47 PM

i have the phenom x3 8400 (similar to your phenom x3 8600b in my pc and it plays most games fine, some i need to turn the res way down but few games it simply will not play. also mine has the nvidia 9800 for the gpu a few games i've played that work at a playable speed are BF3 metro dead space borderlands 2 arma 2 is pretty slow, not really playable crysis 2 all but arma play pretty good (some i need to run at lower resolutions like BF3)
Related resources
September 12, 2013 2:44:23 AM

chairsgotoschool said:
i have the phenom x3 8400 (similar to your phenom x3 8600b in my pc and it plays most games fine, some i need to turn the res way down but few games it simply will not play. also mine has the nvidia 9800 for the gpu a few games i've played that work at a playable speed are BF3 metro dead space borderlands 2 arma 2 is pretty slow, not really playable crysis 2 all but arma play pretty good (some i need to run at lower resolutions like BF3)


No, 8400 is slightly slower than 8600B because of base speed,cache and multi threaded performance.
You must tweak your 9800GT because Phenoms usually doesn't bottlenecks.
The thing I like about Radeons that you can simply tweak through AMD catalyst.

Thanks for Response mate.
September 12, 2013 2:47:47 AM

logainofhades said:
That GPU should work fine with that CPU. Neither are particularly fast, so do not expect much in newer titles.


I came to know that both can play newer games on medium to high settings and some low to medium (like crysis 3).
- Source 'Game-Debate'

Is there any other GPU which will give good performance with my rig ?

a c 803 à CPUs
a c 153 À AMD
September 12, 2013 6:09:21 AM

That CPU is probably only good up to about an HD 7790. It might bottleneck a 7850 or above. The original Phenoms were poor chips that were often beat by upper tier Athlon 64 X2's.
September 12, 2013 8:33:43 AM

logainofhades said:
That CPU is probably only good up to about an HD 7790. It might bottleneck a 7850 or above. The original Phenoms were poor chips that were often beat by upper tier Athlon 64 X2's.


I red in HP specs PDF that PSU gives max 60watts to PCI exp slot.
What about 6570(55watts) and 7750(60watts).
I'll post a snap of my PSU ASAP.


a c 803 à CPUs
a c 153 À AMD
September 12, 2013 9:43:50 AM

Sadly, work blocks links like that. :|
September 13, 2013 3:58:21 AM

!