1. Eligibility: US resident (excluding Rhode Island) 18 years or older as of the entry dates stated below. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not increase your odds of winning. Void where prohibited.
2. The official Contest Sponsor is Bestofmedia LLC, USA (“Bestofmedia”), 9696 Culver Blvd., Suite 104, Culver City, CA 90232, USA..
3. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Contest is subject to federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
4. General Conditions : In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes according to the Judging Criteria from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
5. The Contest:
A. There will be one Contest, which will run from October 1st, 2013 9:00 PM PDT and closes on December 31st, 2013 9:00 PM PDT.
B. Entrants must have a registered, confirmed user account on Tom’s Hardware (www.tomshardware.com).
C. There can be multiple Contest winners.
D. The winners will be chosen based on the quality of their submission. Participation required registration on the site Tom’s Hardware (http://www.tomshardware.com) and participant must:
• Publish at least one high-tech Tutorial on the website which is recognized as valid by the Community Manager of Tom’s Hardware; which is to say it addresses themes associated with subject matter discussed on the site without error in syntax, grammar or spelling.
• Tutorial entries must include steps, screenshots or photos.
• Any invalid tutorial will be disqualified, deleted and removed from the contest.
Designation of Winners
Every Monday during the duration of the Contest, a ranking of the Top Ten participants from the week will be released.
The topmost participant for the week, ranked by number of tutorials posted, receives a $50 Amazon Gift Certificate. The following nine participants receive a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate. Each contestant that ranks in the Top 10 for the week also receives a bonus gift certificate of $10.00 if they have published more than three (3) tutorials in that week. Prizes are dispatched in total on the 30th of each month. The Google Nexus 7 Tablet prize is won at the end of the month by the contestant who submitted the most tutorials in that month. In the case of a tie, the number of Reads (publicly available) for the total tutorials is used as a tie-breaker. Winners may not receive more than one Google Nexus
7 Tablet over the duration of the contest.
6. Three (3) prizes will be awarded:
1. Three (3) Google Nexus 7 Tablet Approximate retail value: $299.00
7. The approximate total retail value of each prize is shown above.
8. The Sponsor is not responsible for damage incurred (1) during shipping of prizes, (2) during assembly of any prize components, (3) due to substitution of any components by prize winners or their agents.
9. The Sponsor is not responsible for any failure on the part of a potential winner to receive or respond to email indicating they have won the Contest. If a potential winner does not respond within 3 days of notification, another potential winner will be chosen.
10. All prize winners are responsible for taxes and other surcharges on the prizes they win.
11. Requirements of a potential winner: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit (or declaration) of eligibility and a liability/publicity release. In addition, a potential winner may be required to sign a release in which he/she irrevocably assigns and transfers to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in Entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights and trademark rights, and waives all moral rights in the Entry. Documents must be signed and returned to the Sponsor within three (3) days of being notified. If a potential Winner fails to sign and return the required documents within the required time period or is otherwise ineligible to receive the prize, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place according to the selection procedures set forth above.
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Bestofmedia, Newegg and other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to : (a) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting an entry ; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest ; (c) printing errors ; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail ; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize.
13. Participation in the Contest constitutes an entrant’s consent to the Sponsor’s use of his/her name, likeness, voice, opinions.
14. A person may enter the Contest only once. All duplicate entries will be deleted. Additionally, entries from Contest websites will be deleted.