which NVIDIA GeForce video cards for Splashtop stream gaming

swzengask

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Hey guys, I am trying to use Splashtop remote stream to play games. Due to constant travel on the road, I really would to play my games from my home desktop (hence reason I am on this product now). So I primary play games like age of empires 2 the conquerors or Age of empires 2 HD. Also some secondary game like the first person shooting (Metal of Honor) if can be done. Anyway I am having trouble with lag issue now and after reading some post I realize prob my ATI cards isn't support the feature and the NVIDIA GeForce will the right card for this. Thus I am just want to know what will be a good GeForce video card to get to play these games. I have a budget from 200-300 to spend on this new card. Please advise. Thanks!

Current Specs

Win 7 64 bit, Asus P8277 montherboard, ATI HD 4890, Intel i5 2500k @4.5, 16 gb ram, 250 gb ssd

sweetcriminal

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
So remote gaming is going to be plagued with lag no matter what video card you use. It all really depends on your internet connection. However you are correct that the splashtop software is optimized more for nvidia cards and devices. However the gpu being utilized is on the mobile device. They released a press statement a ways back how streaming a game to a tablet running the now optimized tegra 3 was delivering 60+ fps. So it sounds like the chip on the mobile device is being used heavily with this application. So that should be the one you upgrade, not your desktop. Realistically if you are always traveling sell the desktop and buy a laptop. It will be way better than streaming and makes more sense in your situation.