Should this be a decent PC setup? please help!

kevin_stevensDT

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Here are the components that I was planning to buy:

Powercolor HD6870 1GB GDDR5 HDMI(GRAPHICS CARD)
Intel Core i5 3570 3.4Ghz up to 3.8Ghz 6MB LGA1155(CPU)
Asus P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77/ DDR3 Dual Channel GBLAN (MOTHERBOARD)
Kingston Hyper-X 8GB DDR3 1600 (x2) (3150 x1)(MEMORY)
Seagate 500GB 7200rpm SATA(STORAGE)
Huntkey 700W PSU(POWER SUPPLY)
Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO(CPU COOLER)

kevin_stevensDT

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

Thanks for Reply! I will try overclocking sooner or later, given the no-kill resources lol, I just need a machine that would meet my immediate necessity. Thanks again! :)

plutoclacks

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
Yea...the huntkey PSU looks REALLY sketchy. You want to go for the well-known, reliable, quality brands/OEMs when buying a PSU even if that means a price premium since if the PSU fails it can possibly take your empire computer with it. From personal experience, the PSU is the part that fails the most frequently by far in older computers.
Also, I really don't think you'll need a 700W power supply, but for future-proofing purposes I guess that is fine. If I were you I'd go for a 500W (plenty already) and use the extra money to buy a more reliable brand.

You won't really need the CPU cooler if you aren't overclocking.

Powercolor is another one of those cheaper brands that skimp on the coolers they put on their GPUs.
That's fine I guess if you aren't going to be overclocking the GPU or pushing it to the limit, but it will be very hot, noisy, and much less reliable than the same GPU from a brand like Sapphire or MSI (gotta have dat Dual-X man xP).

EDIT: I just realized that this post is three months old O.O

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

Might check dates, hopefully this was finished up months ago